Friday, July 17, 2009

On the hunt...for a house

Kevin and I are still searching for the perfect first home. We almost made an offer on a new-construction house last week before we found out some discouraging information about the builder. We also just changed realtors. Our first realtor didn't seem to know what we wanted, and the only houses we liked were the ones we had asked to see that we had found online. So, we are both optimistic now that we will find something soon. There are a TON of houses in our price range right now, which is a double-edged sword. I'm happy that I think we found a better person to help us navigate through them all.

I am very lucky that Kevin is very capable of seeing through staging and easy fixes. I have definitely gotten better (a year of research through House Hunters and Property Virgins really helped), but I still swoon when I see stainless or a cute detail that may not even stay in the house.

We'll keep everyone informed as this process continues to unfold. We pray that everything will fall into place.

1 comment:

  1. My sister and her husband lived in Wichita for a few years and they bought a house near the College Hill area...and LOVED IT!!! They were on N. Bleckley. There are some cute houses around there.

    ReplyDelete