Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Adventure of the Lost Grill Cover: A Western (-ish Kansas) Tale

Benton and I noticed a problem after Kevin left for work. Kevin's new grill cover he got for Christmas was missing (the one behind the grill in the picture is his old one that is cracked that we just hadn't moved yet. Of course, it's still there.) The winds were so bad last night that they blew it off our covered deck. So, Benton and I bundled up, and headed out into the wilderness subdivision.

With the windchill of -15, my partner and I had to be careful to not be out too long. That being said, we were on a mission. We circled the one-room schoolhouse private school, and we thought we had found our hostage a few times. Unfortunately, in the great outdoors new construction zone there are many black tarps. While we were out, our neighbors left in their buggy car and wished us well on our task.

After one more loop around the prairie cul-de-sac, it was time for Old Benton and I to call it quits. The wind had taken the prize. I put the iron kettle on the fire turned on the electric kettle and made some hot tea. Benton had bones Dentastix, and we thawed.

Old mother earth got us (and Kevin's grill cover) this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment